Install GTSAM from Source
In the root library folder execute:
#!bash $ mkdir build $ cd build $ cmake .. $ make check (optional, runs unit tests) $ make install
- Boost >= 1.43 (Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev)
- CMake >= 3.0 (Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install cmake)
- A modern compiler, i.e., at least gcc 4.7.3 on Linux.
Optional prerequisites - used automatically if findable by CMake:
- Intel Threaded Building Blocks (TBB) (Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install libtbb-dev)
- Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) (Ubuntu: installing using APT)
- See Build for more installation information
- Note that MKL may not provide a speedup in all cases. Make sure to benchmark your problem with and without MKL.
Install GTSAM from Ubuntu PPA
GTSAM can be installed on Ubuntu via a PPA as well.
Note: The PPA is for the unstable (develop
git branch) version of GTSAM.
Add PPA for GTSAM (unstable)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:joseluisblancoc/gtsam-develop sudo apt update # not necessary since Bionic
Install GTSAM (unstable)
sudo apt install libgtsam-dev
Install GTSAM from Arch Linux AUR
Note: Installing GTSAM on Arch Linux is not tested by the GTSAM developers.
Install Optional Dependencies
yay -S intel-tbb intel-mkl
yay -S gtsam
To discuss any issues related to this package refer to the comments section on
the AUR page of